Meghan Harker graduated from Brenau University in 2011 with a degree in English, a job as an obituary clerk, and an insatiable desire to read anything she could sink her claws into. Though she no longer runs obits, Harker’s taste for ghosts and ghouls hasn’t waned. She recently launched her first podcast, Counting Casualties, where she discusses (read: fangirls) about everything from Gothic Fiction to modern-day horror.
When not working on her books or talking about monsters and her debilitating crush on Victor Frankenstein, Harker can be found strolling through antique shops for daguerreotypes or medical equipment, playing Bioshock, building costumes, or slacking off on Twitter. More often than not, she’s researching something weird. She secretly harbors the desire to be a mad scientist. …Or not so secretly.
- 2016 May 18: Penny Dreadful’s Third Season is Anything but Dreadful
- 2016 Apr 27: REVIEW: Victor Frankenstein
- 2016 Mar 16: REVIEW: The Witch
- 2015 Dec 24: Have Yourself A Scary Little Christmas: KRAMPUS Review
- 2015 Nov 06: CRIMSON PEAK and Rediscovering Gothic Fiction
- 2015 Oct 16: MTV Gives SCREAM’s Ghostface a Makeover, Revives a Classic
- 2015 Jul 17: Till Death Do Us Part: Reinventing the Bride of Frankenstein on Penny Dreadful
- 2015 Jul 06: The Monsters in Your Head: Psychological Horror in THE BABADOOK
- 2015 Oct 30: REVIEW: Slasher Girls and Monster Boys anthology
- 2015 Aug 05: REVIEW: Shutter by Courtney Alameda